With the success of the rear headrests mount project I decided to do the same for the front of the Jimny. This time the mount wouldn’t be permanent, although I do have plans to make it multifunctional.
The first project was quite simple and effective so I followed the same design and went ahead and cut the metal tubing to size and drilled the 14mm holes for the rubber grommets. The head rest will slot neatly and securely into these holes.
I added spacers to the back of the mounting bracket so it did not damage or mark the leather grab handle I made and secured it in place with M8 hex bolts. For a neater finish this time I added some hex bolt plastic caps. They look okay and remember the bracket will only be installed ready for when we go roof tent camping or on a day camp.
Finally to finish the bracket I wrapped it in carbon fibre vinyl and slotted in two black plastic end caps.
See the fully finished Jimny lounger set up here.